Wednesday 30 May 2012

Your universe is ending. These are the last days.

I made it. It hurts to type this. I'm dying. My fingers look so thin. Every bit of pressure is a stab of pain through my fingers. There are no mirrors. A small mercy.

I reached the center. I was so hungry and weak. I could see him and an army of the emaciated. They saw me and swarmed forward as fast as they could with their decrepit legs. I fought. Not well. It didn't take much to kill them but I was so weak and there were so many of them. I stopped trying to fight. I felt their arms grabbing me wrenching at me. Their teeth sinking into my flesh. I continued walking. Determination driving me. Heading towards The Herald. He watched me with the most sadistic smile I've ever seen yet he somehow managed to seem genuinely happy at the same time. I reached him. Just a few feet away and then I felt teeth pierce through my left thigh and I fell. I think I screamed but my voice was so dry nothing came out. He spoke then. His voice wavered wildly. Changing in pitch, tempo, speed... Sometimes it didn't even sound like a voice but just like the wind merely making a sound uncannily similar to words. This is what he said. "Your universe is ending. These are the last days. The End is Coming." My eyes closed I was bleeding and hungry and weak and they were eating me alive than he spoke again. "Your sister will die." My eyes snapped open and with a hoarse cry of rage I jumped up at him knocking him to the ground and closing my arms around his throat with all of my remaining strength. It wasn't much but he didn't even try to stop me. He didn't even look worried. The emaciated were still devouring me I was still dying but I was going to bring him with me. His face shifted then into the skull that had appeared momentarily in the video. "You are the third to touch." Then suddenly he disappeared. I tumbled facedown onto the ground and knocked out three of my teeth. At the same moment all the emaciated turned to dust. I propped myself up and now I'm writing this. I'm going to die. I'm bleeding to death as we speak. Even if I wasn't I'm too weak to path back out and I won't survive walking back. I don't know what happened. I hope Megan is free from his control. Regardless I'm writing this for her.

Megan, I love you. I'm sorry for leaving you like this, again. I tried my best and I hope it worked. I just wanted to keep you safe and let you be happy. Everything I've done has been an attempt to protect you. I'm so sorry.

Nathan Jilees (The Muffin Man)

No comments:

Post a Comment